I’m new to this blogging thing, and most days, I don’t feel like I know what I’m doing. And I’m certain no one is reading this thing. Then, I get surprising emails that make my heart happy. The first one was from Kelly Quindlen asking me to read and review her book (which I did here). I’m pleased that someone trusts my judgement enough to ask me to read their work.
This week, I received a message from the lovely lady behind Another Bad Conversation, nominating me for a Versatile Blogger award. Someone reads this thing and likes what I have to say? Awesome. Good enough for me.
Apparently, there are rules to accepting this award (that makes it feel a little bit like the chain letter of awards, but so be it). I have copied them below:
The Versatile Blogger Award is for bloggers that are considered to have good quality writing, photography and a uniqueness of their posts or articles.
If you are nominated, and in order to accept this award, the rules are pretty simple. All you have to do is:
1 – Thank the person who nominated you;
2 – Link to the person’s blog;
3 – Nominate 15 people for the award and tell them; and
4 – Write 7 facts about yourself.
Here’s my answers
1 – see the section above the rules
2 – same thing
3 – I’m as picky with my blog follows as I am with my books. I don’t actually have 15 blogs that I follow. I recognize that by not filling out this section I’m probably invalidating my acceptance. It was an honour to be nominated.
4 – My seven facts:
- I work a grown up job, in a grown up office, in the public sector, with bright blue hair, and people take me seriously.
- I inventory all my books, movies, tv shows and cds – whether in physical or digital format
- I would love to move to Sweden
- Math was my most disliked subject in school. I now do it every day and I’ve still never used a quadratic equation. Take that high school teacher
- I like the ocean choppy and grey, not tropical and blue
- I adore snow
- I am desperately in need of a haircut (I discovered this while trying to come up with seven things that might be interesting but aren’t super personal)
Thanks again for the nomination! It means a lot to know that you’re reading my writing.